Student to identify three key areas s/he has a passion for. Be sure that these are areas s/he is personally interested in and can pursue that interest even without earning a qualification.
Write a page on each of the three key areas and explain the following:
- What is interesting about the area
- What is the problem identified
- What is the possible solution.
- how is easy is to collect data about the area
- Basic familiarisation with literature in the area
select one of the three key areas the students is most passionate about and do the following:
- Follow the 10 steps towards developing a PhD proposal online course.
- Write a first draft based on the 10 steps
- Submit the draft for an online coaching session.
- Receive a written feedback from the coach based on the first draft
- Student submits a revised draft based on comments of the coach
- Coach reviews the revised proposal and arranges a session to review them
- Student makes second revision and updates the proposal.
- Student submits a consolidated proposal
- arrange a final revision with the coach
- discuss potential universities the student will consider submitting an application
- share the final draft with the coach
- coach introduces the Selecting the supervisor course to the student (course to be developed later)